Thursday, September 30, 2010

All the Rage // Shoes for Spring 2011




I can usually rely on ACNE to put out some to-die-for shoes, but I was a little underwhelmed when I saw these from the Spring 2011 show. I think the straps are hideous, the proportion, the placement, ect. HIDEOUS. But then I noticed that Christopher Kane also hopped on this strappy shoe disaster trend too, which got me thinking? Will the fashion world brainwash me to love this style come next April? Only time will tell...

Photos: (1,3 Christopher Kane/ 2,4 ANCE)

I read this thought on dressful blog and just had to re-post:

"I once read that in times of (economic) crisis, trends dictate higher and higher heels deforming women's feet, suggesting an almost post-apocalyptic vision of the world in shreds where women tower over men, children, the old and the disabled by a good 16+ cm (6,3 inches), being above everyone else figuratively and literally (how feminist!), albeit with shaky knees (... not so feminist). Memory's not serving me well at the moment and I can't remember the author nor source of this theory, but I thought it would still be interesting to see see if it holds any water:"

No comments:

Post a Comment